The Tax Goddess is an instructor for the American School of Entrepreneurship! Continue your entrepreneur education with Shauna in one of these online webinars! Each course costs $49. The courses will enhance your experience as a business owner.
- A04: Financial Management for Startup Businesses–Course One: Understanding Financial Statements Learn to read and understand financial statements — Balance Sheet, Income Statement or Profit & Loss Statement, Statement of Cash Flow — which are essential tools for financial management of your business. Learn basic financial statement ratios which are used to measure the overall health of your business. Mentor: Shauna Wekherlien
- A05: Financial Management for Startup Businesses – Course Two: Cash Flow Budget The life of your new business is how well you plan and understand cash flow budgeting, the inflow and outflow of money. This class teaches where to find areas within your business that are either improving or hindering your bottom line. This is an interactive class that will use examples to reflect various money management situations encountered by business owners. Mentor: Shauna Wekherlien
- A06: Financial Management for Startup Businesses-Course Three: Proforma and Budgeting As a new business owner, you are the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)who will preform budgeting, planning, and forecasting for your company. You are responsible for knowing sources of revenue to your company, where the money is spent, how to allocate resources for current and future expenditures, and how to make growth projections based on current and future market and economic trends. You will learn how to make sound, realistic financial decisions for your company. THIS COURSE RESUMES JUNE 2010. Your Mentor: Shauna Wekherlien
Courses for Established Businesses
- E11: Financial Management for Established Businesses – Course One: Analyzing Financial Statements Learn to read and analyze financial statements such as Profit & Loss Statement (also known as Income Statement), Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flow. You will learn how to apply financial ratios and numerical tools to more effectively manage your business. Mentor: Shauna Wekherlien
- E12: Financial Management for Established Businesses – Course Two: Budgeting and Proforma Budgeting income and expenses and preparing a proforma (a projection financial position over a period of time or on a future date) are essential tools for the financial management of a business. These tools will enable you to track sources that create revenues, where money is being spent, validate or invalidate growth estimates, and prepare financial statements that will please the banker. THIS COURSE RESUMES JUNE 2010. Mentor: Shauna Wekherlien
- S02: Buying An Existing Business Buying an existing business requires asking the right questions about yourself and about the business you are thinking of buying. Ask yourself: Why do I want to become a business owner? Do I have experience in that business? Is the business in a growth industry? What kind of owner do I want to be — work in the business or manage people, or both? When considering the purchase of an existing business, due diligence or investigation, is the essential process for assurance that you are receiving the value which is being represented about the business. It is imperative that you ask the right questions about the business and that you receive the supportive documentation of the current position of the business. You need to examine both the financial and non-financial aspects of the business which are indicators of the future well-being of the business. Learn the steps you need to follow when purchasing an existing business. THIS COURSE RESUMES MAY 2010 FOLLOWING TAX FILING SEASON. Mentor: Shauna Wekherlien